If your domain is registered at Godaddy and you want to use private nameservers (ns1.yourdomain.com, ns2.yourdomain.com, ect) you have to register them before they can be set on any of your domains. If you don’t register them first, Godaddy will give you an error when you try to assign them to any domain.
Once your private nameservers and IPs are assigned by Stromonic, you must then register both the names, and their IPs at Godaddy.
- Go to the Go Daddy Account Login Page.
- Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password.
Once logged in follow these steps:
- Go to Domains >> My Domains
- Click on your domain you’d like to register nameservers for.
- Click on (add) under ‘Host Summary’ on the bottom left.
- For “Host Name:” you’ll input “ns1” (no quotes) in the box.
- For “Host IP 1:” you’ll input your primary nameserver IP address
- Click “Ok” – Your first nameserver has been created.
- Click on (add) under ‘Host Summary’ on the bottom left again.
- For “Host Name:” you’ll input “ns2” (no quotes) in the box.
- For “Host IP 2: you’ll enter the same IP as your primary address, except one number higher.(For Example: You received the ip: 18.104.22.168 when signing up, this would be your primary IP for ns1. For ns2 you would use: 22.214.171.124)
- Click “OK”
After you’ve registered the private nameservers, you can now set all of your domain names to use the private nameservers that you have registered.
Was this helpful?
1 / 0