Nameservers are your primary DNS controller, and without the correct nameserver settings, your email and website won’t work correctly. Your domain must be registered with GoDaddy in your account to edit nameservers. If you’re going to change your nameservers to another company, you need to have those available before beginning.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- In the Nameservers section, select Change.
- Choose the option that works best for you:
- Connect my domain to a website I’ve built: Use our wizard to connect your domain to a website built elsewhere, such as Squarespace, Weebly or WordPress.
- I want to use GoDaddy default nameservers (recommended): We’ll automatically update your domain to a set of GoDaddy nameservers. This option is only available if you’re not currently using GoDaddy nameservers.
- Enter my own nameservers (advanced): Enter the nameservers given to you by your hosting provider.
- Select Save or Connect to complete your updates.
Please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect. During this time, your website, email and other domain services may be interrupted.
Was this helpful?
1 / 0