What is cPanel Two-Factor Authentication?
Normally you would log in and access the cPanel with just your account name and password, two-factor authentication requires two forms of identification:
– Your username and password;
– Generated security code and application on your smartphone will supply the security code for you to enter.
We suggest the following apps:
- For Android™, iOS® — Google Authenticator™
How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication in cPanel
1) Let’s go ahead and log into cPanel.
2) Scroll down to the Security group, and then click Two-Factor Authentication. The two-factor authentication interface will appear.
3) Click Set Up Two-Factor Authentication. A QR code will appear on your screen. At this point, you’ll need to set up a two-factor authentication application on your smartphone.
We’ll use Google Authenticator for this example.
4) You can either snap a photo of the QR code with your application or manually enter the account, and key smartphone application will generate a security code.
5) Enter that code into the cPanel interface, and click Configure two-factor authentication.
A confirmation message will appear.
6) Now we’re ready to test two factor authentication. Let’s go ahead and log out of cPanel. Now try to login again into cPanel. Enter your username and password and click Login.
7) The two-factor authentication login interface will appear on your smartphone. Open your application and generate a security code.
8) Then, enter that number into the login interface and click Continue.
We’re now logged into cPanel. Let’s go back to the two-factor authentication interface.
Reconfigure two-factor authentication lets you go through the setup process again. This is useful if you replace your smartphone or want to use a new authentication application.
I’ll click remove two-factor authentication. And I’ll confirm that I want to remove it from my account.
A confirmation message will appear. And you no longer need to use two-factor authentication to log in.
If you have any questions, we’re here! Just drop us a message in our live chat!
Was this helpful?
0 / 0