In order to enable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) on your VPS or Dedicated server, follow the below steps:
- At first login to your server via Virtual Network Computing (VNC)
- On the device you want to connect to, select Start and then click the Settings icon on the left.
- Select the System group followed by the Remote Desktop item.
- Use the slider to enable Remote Desktop.
- It is also recommended to keep your server online to facilitate connections. Click Show settings to enable.
- As needed, add users who can connect remotely by clicking Select users that can remotely access this PC.
a. Members of the Administrators group automatically have access.
- Make note of the name of this PC under How to connect to this PC. You’ll need this to configure the clients.
Download the RDP application on your local device in order to connect to the online RDP server. Download URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-clients
Was this helpful?
0 / 0